Saturday, August 2, 2008

wino week july 28-aug 3: opinions on wino

when it comes to wino, everyone has an opinion. here's a selection of what celebrities had to say this week:

BRIGITTE NIELSEN:

"The Red Sonja star believes Winehouse, 24, who has been hospitalised several times recently, is ready to self destruct...Nielsen accused the songbird, who is reportedly showing signs of the lung disease Emphysema, of throwing her career and life away with substance abuse. She said: 'I get so sad when I see people like Amy Winehouse destroying themselves. They should get help before it kills them - like I did.'"

SARAH HARDING of GIRLS ALOUD:

“I can’t wait to get out of Camden. I just hate being back there now. It brings back so many unhappy memories...It could do Amy good to get out of there and get a fresh start and perspective...Bless her. I love Amy. She’s a good girl. I’ll look out for her. But I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

JOHN LYDON:

"Poor old Amy. Aimless Winehouse would be a better term. I love all kinds of music but the one thing I have never done is imitate black music in her idiotic way...There's not a single word that means anything. It's not like these songs are deeply moving or inspirational or cultural in any way you could find useful...And the cover up for her which is probably the guilt trip is that she requires vast amounts of drugs to hide the fact that she is fake."

i have nothing against flava flav's ex or the girl's aloud chick, but johnny rotten...puhleez! was he not in a band with sid vicious, a bass player so bad he was overdubbed in the studio!? sid vicious was the quintessential junkie fake and i'm sure lydon doesn't refuse the royalty cheques he receives due to sid's enduring popularity.

who'll be next to express their wino opinion? let's hope it's a varied and exotic list, including the likes of MR. T, little richard, donald trump, charo, elton john, barbra streisand and ru paul.

No comments: