Monday, August 11, 2008

STFU duffy!

i was willing to give the other soul singin british white girl, aimee duffy, a chance. screw that! once i heard her rehab ripoff it was game over. duffy's MERCY is like a musak version of rehab written for a tampon commercial. ugh. i'm really developing a pet hatred for this tartlet after reading quotes like this:

"It makes me mad that people keep comparing me to Amy Winehouse and Dusty Springfield...It's just labelling me as something else, without any respect for the struggle, the determination, focus or artistic vision that I have....It's like, 'Whoa, what's that about? Why would I want to be someone else?' Because I really don't. I just want to be me. It's kind of strange and disheartening to be constantly told who I look like, or who I sound like."

what's she moaning about? duffy's "artistic vision" is nothing more than stealing rehab's "no no no" riff and changing it to "yeah yeah yeah". she should be grateful wino gave her such a good idea! i bet her next ballad will be called "love is a winning game".

as for the dusty comment, the woman is a *legend* and deserves more respect.

thought that was barf-inducing? read on! in the next breath she contradicts herself, saying she DOES like to be compared to other artists:

"You do get some people who hit slightly closer to where I'm coming from. I got compared to Diana Ross the other day, which was a real compliment...And someone also wrote that I was the female Otis Redding, which really made me feel good because he's a hero of mine."

diana ross!? otis redding!? #(^!@&#^%&%$^!!!!!

tell me duffy has no resemblence to dusty springfield!!! watch this clip!!! judge on, judgersons!


DUFFY WHINES

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep taking the drugs